Miami DENTAL IMPLANTS & Zirconia Implants
on Brickell Ave
In the past, the solution to replace a missing tooth was either a bridge or a denture. Often, however, these restorations did not adequately replace the missing tooth in function or appearance. Dentures and bridges can slip or break. More importantly, neither stops the bone loss that occurs when a tooth is missing.
When a tooth is extracted or lost due to decay or injury, the bone that held the tooth in the jaw is no longer stimulated. When that happens, the bone stops growing and is resorbed into the body. The teeth surrounding the missing tooth begin to shift into the empty space, causing misalignment of neighboring teeth. This, in turn, leads to greater chances of tooth decay and gum disease.
LONG-LASTING, AFFORDABLE DENTAL IMPLANTS
Implants, on the other hand, are the most modern method of replacing missing teeth. Miami dental implants dentist, Dr. Jaskiel and Dr Berkowitz, place a titanium post into the jaw bone where the original tooth used to be. This post acts as the tooth root and keeps the bone and soft tissues stimulated. An abutment is attached to the top of the post, and a crown is then secured to the abutment. The result is a very strong, natural looking false tooth that can last a lifetime. It also can withstand the normal chewing actions of natural teeth (you can eat anything!), and they don’t slip.
For the simple solution to missing teeth at, look no further than Brickell Avenue Dentistry, where you will find the best dental implants Miami has available in treatment and quality.
ARE DENTAL IMPLANTS RIGHT FOR ME?
Most people can get a implant without any problems. Miami dental implants dentist Dr. Jaskiel & Dr Berkowitz, will conduct a very thorough examination to be sure you are a candidate. Sometimes a person does not have enough bone to hold an implant properly and may need a bone graft or bone augmentation prior to placing the implant.
More rarely, a medical condition may prevent someone from undergoing the implant procedure. If you are healthy enough to undertake a tooth extraction, you most likely will easily be able to receive an implant.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT WITH MY DENTAL IMPLANT PROCEDURE?
There are three basic steps to getting an implant:
- Examination to determine if the bone in the jaw is sufficient. If so, a titanium post is inserted into the jaw bone. The post is then allowed to integrate with the surrounding bone, a process called osseointegration. This can take 3-6 months.
- Once osseointegration is complete, an abutment will be placed on top of the post. This abutment will protrude above the gum line. A temporary crown that matches your surrounding teeth will then be attached to the abutment.
- A final, custom crown made in a lab will take the place of the temporary crown. It is cemented to the abutment. This final crown, made of high-grade porcelain, will look and act just like a natural tooth. Now you have a strong, beautiful tooth replacement that will last a lifetime!
TAKING CARE OF YOUR DENTAL IMPLANTS
You will be delighted with your implant for many reasons, including the ease of care. You take care of an implant tooth the same way you would your natural teeth. You can brush and floss it at home and, of course, get routine cleanings done by our professional hygienists. You want to keep the implant from accumulating bacteria, which would open the door to gum disease. As with any tooth, gum disease can begin to destroy bone if not handled.
REGAIN A BEAUTIFUL, HEALTHY MOUTH WITH IMPLANTS
Dr. Jaskiel and his staff are dedicated to providing every patient the highest quality dental care possible. His diligent and careful mastery of the dental arts enable him to provide the best dental implants Miami has to offer. The entire staff works hard to make sure you are comfortable during any procedure, and their caring chairside manner will help you relax.
To find out more about dental implants at Brickell Avenue Dentistry, use our online appointment form or call us at (305) 653-2231.
Advantages of Dental Implants include;
- Fill an immediate aesthetic gap
- Are indistinguishable from your natural teeth
- Never develop decay and never require root canals
- Are biocompatible for a low environmental footprint
- Prevent bone loss, maintaining your facial contours
- Preserve your existing jawbone and gum tissue
- Require no removal of adjacent teeth structure
- Maximize the function of your mouth
- Help you maintain ideal hygiene
Get your dental implants in Miami and smile confidently.
Metal-free, ceramic dental implants are now a great alternative to traditional metal implants.
The benefits of ceramic (zirconia) dental implants include:
- 100% metalfree
- Highly esthetic naturally white color
- Bacteria and plaque resistant
- Less allergy potential
Platelet Rich Fibrin – Dental Implants & Wisdom Teeth Removal
Benefits of Platelet Rich Fibrin – PRF with Tooth Removal and Dental Implants in Miami:
- Faster Implant and Wisdom Tooth Removal Healing
- Less Pain after Dental Surgery
- Decreased Swelling
- Accelerated Osseointegration or Healing of Bone to Dental Implants
- Improved Strength of Bone Integration to Dental Implants
- Improved Natural Bone Grafting Success
- Decreased Chance of Dry Socket and Bone Pathology after Tooth Extractions
- Increased early blood supply to Tooth Extraction Socket
- Facilitates Fast and Proper Healing of Wisdom Tooth Extraction Sites
Platelet Rich Fibrin or PRF for Dental Extractions and Dental Implants
Natural Dentist Associates uses Platelet Rich Fibrin ( PRF ) in many dental surgical procedures such as tooth extractions, dental implants and bone pathology sometimes called cavitations. PRF accelerates the healing process, decreases surgical pain and swelling for dental implants and Wisdom Tooth Removal. PRF also improves the strength of bone osseointegration to implants. PRF is a Holistic and Biological Dentist Service
How to Make PRF or Platelet Rich Fibrin
The PRF process is very easy. Basically we draw one vial of blood per surgical site. The blood taking process is exactly the same as when blood is taken during a routine medical physical. The use of Platelet Rich Fibrin, PRF, protects the bony surgical site from infection, accelerates the healing process and decreases pain after a procedure. Platelet Rich Fibrin treatment is 100% natural and we do not use any additives or preservatives. The blood is drawn immediately prior to the procedure normally while the patient is getting numb for the surgery. The blood is then put into a centrifuge at 2700RPM for 13 minutes. After 13 minutes, the blood is separated into 3 layers:
- clear liquid or plasma layer
- red layer rich in red blood cells
- yellow thick layer which is the PRF layer.
What is PRF or Platelet Rich Fibrin?
The PRF Layer is a yellow and thick jello-like biologic material derived from spinning patient blood in a centrifuge at 2700RPM for 13 minutes. PRF is a great service for any Biological Dentist doing oral surgeon services. The PRF layer is rich in fibrin, platelets white blood cells and bone growth factors. PRF is a much better alternative to sending a tooth removal patient home with an unfilled bony extraction socket or implant site. PRF is used in dental surgical sites such as wisdom teeth extraction and dental implant surgical sites.
Why PRF and how does Platelet Rich Fibrin Work?
During Oral surgery, the patients jaw bone is exposed. In bone there is very little blood supply as compared to other tissues in the human body. In areas where there is less blood, the body has less ability to heal quickly and less defense against infection. At Natural Dentist Associates, we place PRF into tooth extraction sites and implant sites. For example, when a dental extraction is performed, we will place the Platelet Rich Fibrin into the tooth extraction site. In the absence of the PRF, dental extractions sites are commonly left to heal open to the oral cavity. During tooth extraction site healing, saliva, bacteria and other contaminants are free to pour down into the jaw bone. When PRF is placed into the extraction site, the PRF protects the site from infection and enriches the area with proteins that accelerate healing. In sites where implants are placed, the PRF occupies the space between the extraction site and the dental implant. Placement of PRF in dental implant sites decreases implant healing time and decreases the chance for dental implant failure.