Miami DENTAL IMPLANTS & Zirconia Implants
on Brickell Ave
In the past, the solution to replace a missing tooth was either a bridge or a denture. Often, however, these restorations did not adequately replace the missing tooth in function or appearance. Dentures and bridges can slip or break. More importantly, neither stops the bone loss that occurs when a tooth is missing.
When a tooth is extracted or lost due to decay or injury, the bone that held the tooth in the jaw is no longer stimulated. When that happens, the bone stops growing and is resorbed into the body. The teeth surrounding the missing tooth begin to shift into the empty space, causing misalignment of neighboring teeth. This, in turn, leads to greater chances of tooth decay and gum disease.
LONG-LASTING, AFFORDABLE DENTAL IMPLANTS
Implants, on the other hand, are the most modern method of replacing missing teeth. Miami dental implants dentist, Dr. Jaskiel and Dr Berkowitz, place a titanium post into the jaw bone where the original tooth used to be. This post acts as the tooth root and keeps the bone and soft tissues stimulated. An abutment is attached to the top of the post, and a crown is then secured to the abutment. The result is a very strong, natural looking false tooth that can last a lifetime. It also can withstand the normal chewing actions of natural teeth (you can eat anything!), and they don’t slip.
For the simple solution to missing teeth at, look no further than Brickell Avenue Dentistry, where you will find the best dental implants Miami has available in treatment and quality.
ARE DENTAL IMPLANTS RIGHT FOR ME?
Most people can get a implant without any problems. Miami dental implants dentist Dr. Jaskiel & Dr Berkowitz, will conduct a very thorough examination to be sure you are a candidate. Sometimes a person does not have enough bone to hold an implant properly and may need a bone graft or bone augmentation prior to placing the implant.
More rarely, a medical condition may prevent someone from undergoing the implant procedure. If you are healthy enough to undertake a tooth extraction, you most likely will easily be able to receive an implant.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT WITH MY DENTAL IMPLANT PROCEDURE?
There are three basic steps to getting an implant:
- Examination to determine if the bone in the jaw is sufficient. If so, a titanium post is inserted into the jaw bone. The post is then allowed to integrate with the surrounding bone, a process called osseointegration. This can take 3-6 months.
- Once osseointegration is complete, an abutment will be placed on top of the post. This abutment will protrude above the gum line. A temporary crown that matches your surrounding teeth will then be attached to the abutment.
- A final, custom crown made in a lab will take the place of the temporary crown. It is cemented to the abutment. This final crown, made of high-grade porcelain, will look and act just like a natural tooth. Now you have a strong, beautiful tooth replacement that will last a lifetime!
TAKING CARE OF YOUR DENTAL IMPLANTS
You will be delighted with your implant for many reasons, including the ease of care. You take care of an implant tooth the same way you would your natural teeth. You can brush and floss it at home and, of course, get routine cleanings done by our professional hygienists. You want to keep the implant from accumulating bacteria, which would open the door to gum disease. As with any tooth, gum disease can begin to destroy bone if not handled.
REGAIN A BEAUTIFUL, HEALTHY MOUTH WITH IMPLANTS
Dr. Jaskiel and his staff are dedicated to providing every patient the highest quality dental care possible. His diligent and careful mastery of the dental arts enable him to provide the best dental implants Miami has to offer. The entire staff works hard to make sure you are comfortable during any procedure, and their caring chairside manner will help you relax.
To find out more about dental implants at Brickell Avenue Dentistry, use our online appointment form or call us at (305) 653-2231.
Advantages of Dental Implants include;
- Fill an immediate aesthetic gap
- Are indistinguishable from your natural teeth
- Never develop decay and never require root canals
- Are biocompatible for a low environmental footprint
- Prevent bone loss, maintaining your facial contours
- Preserve your existing jawbone and gum tissue
- Require no removal of adjacent teeth structure
- Maximize the function of your mouth
- Help you maintain ideal hygiene
Get your dental implants in Miami and smile confidently.
Metal-free, ceramic dental implants are now a great alternative to traditional metal implants.
The benefits of ceramic (zirconia) dental implants include:
- 100% metalfree
- Highly esthetic naturally white color
- Bacteria and plaque resistant
- Less allergy potential